Livin', Lovin', and Laughin' on the Seaboard Side.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Little Helper

Youngest was a HUGE help fixin' up the blog for me, and it feels much better.   One minor glitch with my comments section, but I ain't complainin'.

I wouldn't dare complain after The Facebook Debacle of 2010.    She helped me with that, and let me tell ya, it wasn't pretty.

Call it a wild hair, a whim, curiosity, or whatever, but I am now on Facebook.

I knew right off the bat that I could in no way set up my own account, and I would NEVER figure out how to navigate it.

I called on my Ms. Fixit, Youngest, to help poor ol' me out.    She jumped right on this little project, and wishes now she had never heard of Facebook.

She set up my account on The Stream, and she's the one who changed my background.   She went into The
Facebook Debacle with her eyes open.

She KNEW!

I asked her a slew of questions about it before we started.    That should have tipped her off that this was going to be as aggravating as the aforementioned projects.

If I said "I don't understand one word of what you just said" once, I said it a dozen times.

Likewise "huh?"

And "what?"

All interspersed with puzzled looks and blank stares.

One or two "you gotta be shittin' me"s.

Several "explain that to me one more time"s.

Fortunately for her, my grandbaby ran out of patience and put in to go home and go to bed.    She showed me how to post pics and hauled Tater (literally) to her house, thanking her lucky stars for a cranky baby.

We did a repeat last night on this blog, complete with stupid questions and confusing answers.    

She says this is my Mother's Day present and I can accept it as such.

One more problem this year with my social networking and I probably won't get a birthday present.    Unless I hold out until the end of August.     After I unwrap my gift I'll casually mention that I have a small problem with my blog......................

13 comments:

  1. The youngest is an asset I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is indeed, Fringe! Thankfully, she has a wealth of patience. She didn't get it from me. Glad you came by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the Groucho Marx quote:

    A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXACTLY WHIT! The younger generation knows all about it, so if I have a problem with it, I get a member of that generation.

    If I have a canning problem, I call my mother. No need to call my computer support, they won't know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog looks good, your daughter did a nice job.
    I tried Facebook but hated it, so don't go to that neighborhood much anymore. Glad to see you're putting down stakes here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Skinny! I'll pass that along to Youngest! I got on Facebook as a way of keeping up with the kids and grandkids, but mainly because I was looking for someone from 34 years ago. Took half a day to get set up on that thing, and thirty seconds to find my old friend! But Facebook is drive-by blogging at best, and I'll never get out of it what I got from Blogstream--R.I.P.. Did find a few old Streamers on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the place looks great, love the old vintage Plant City postcard...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Bella! Plant City is where I was born and partially raised. I snagged the post card out of my mother's pics and things, scanned it, and there ya go! It's an old postcard, and the place has changed drastically, but that's what it looked like when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally got to your blog. I kept clicking the icon on my blog which would take me to a page (with your name on it) but no way to get to your blog. For the longest I thought you were just wandering around commenting without a blog.

    Finally - today on Whit's blog I clicked your icon on his comment page and lo and behold it took me to your blog.

    And, from reading this post I can see you are about as computer literate as I am - and that ain't no compliment.

    In any event - maybe i can keep up now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome aboard! I know you'll do just fine once you get the hang of it. Very different from our beloved stream but it will suffice.

    Bear HUgs!
    PolarB ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slick,
    So here you are. I'll be sending Mrs. O by for a visit so the two of you can conduct a proper assassination of my (lack of) character.

    ReplyDelete
  12. PolarB, I am so confru-u-u-u-u-sed here. I'll figger it out sooner or later! I thought The Stream--R.I.P.--would be there forever.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why, Mr. O.!??! I would NEVER assassinate the character of a man I have not been wedded to!

    ReplyDelete